Sunday, October 09, 2005

All Work No Play?

It's all a game to her...
With her Armani suit.
There she is heading...
One more goal!
Working ever so hard!
One more chance...
And she will be there.
Sitting on the bench,
With her soggy sandwich.
There she is thinking,
One more chew...
Munching ever so quietly.
One more bite,
And she will be done.
The game is over now...
No more Armani suits.
Where is she heading?
What goals can she make?
She worked so hard...
What chances does she have?
She could not get there.
Crying on the bench.
With her soaked hanky
Where she sat thinking
What chewed at her?
Her games munched her up!
What make her lose her bite?
She has not got her justice done.

Bench: What do you cry today?
Lady: It's so unfair!
Bench: Life is unfair...
Lady: I worked so hard...
Bench: Work is a calling!
Lady: I was born to do this!
Bench: Work makes you feel important.
Lady: It makes my self worth!
Bench: Do you know my Creator invented Work?
Lady: Who? What? Why?
Bench: He believes that Work is Creation!
Lady: To work is to create?
Bench: For every piece of His Work, He sees bountless beauty.
Lady: That must be His Labour of Love!
Bench: To Him, Work is never laborious!
Lady: Hmmm... work is never laborious...
Bench: I am His Work of Love.
Lady: He must enjoy His Work.
Bench: Always... my friend... Work should be fun!
Lady: Then I guess I must learn this.
Bench: I guess you must... let Work be an honour, let it be a blessing unto others.
Lady: *sniff sniff* I guess this is all new to me! But I want to try it...
He sounds so happy to work! I want to be happy again! Tell me more about Him!


So they talked and talked about their Friend.
The bench chuckled as it recalled the stories about His Creator.
She smiled a little more as she listened to these stories.
It uplifted her heart and reminded her of some familiar feelings.
She knew that Work will never be the same again.
She knew that she wanted to learn how Work should be...
From the very beginning... where Life first began!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home