Monday, August 22, 2005

Hang in there, lil' tomato

The bench watches intriguingly at a tiny, rotund and greenish-looking fruit, hanging on to a branch just above it.

Bench: Hey there, what are you and what are you doing?

Tomato: Oh hello there, I've noticed you looking at me before. I'm a tomato and I'm hanging on real tight to the branch as I'm still growing. I'll let go when the time is right.

After the next few weeks, the bench looks on...as the tomato grows bigger, and redder and well...it looks as if it was going to burst with all the goodness within it, but still hanging on tight.

Bench: Hey lil' Tomato, why are you still holding on so tight for?

Tomato: Well my dear friend, it's not time to let go yet as I've mentioned before. Time isn't right, when the time is right...I will let go. It's like life, you know. Hanging on until the right time, before we let go...that's the exact and right time to release because that's when the answer is going to be revealed when we let go.

Bench: Wow, what a beautiful analogy of life there! Yes indeed...we have to hang on tight now! Even when it gets so tough.

Weeks past...til one day a pair of hands pluck the tomato. The tomato didn't resist, but just smiled on at the bench and nodding, as if to say, this is the time for me to let go of the branch now. A time to let go...

The bench sits still, pondering...the deep truth behind this and smiles...that's life, worth hanging on tightly but yet...having to release and let go when the time is right. Complexity of life...yet true in every sense of the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home